1 Day Subsurface Utility Locating and Marking Workshop
Training Objectives: This information-packed training addresses both the art and science behind underground utility line locating and marking as well as state laws and marking standards. Course provides a balanced mixture of classroom training combined with hands-on field instruction performed outdoors. Participants will gain an A to Z understanding of the fundamentals of line locating. Special emphasis is placed on mastery of the electronic detection equipment and troubleshooting techniques to solve utility locating puzzles.Participants will also gain an overall understanding of utility and pipeline construction and design.
Who Should Attend? Designed for experienced field employees responsible for line location underground line construction and maintenance duties.
Classroom Training: Classroom training session is presented in a variety of learning platforms media combined with lively discussion and classroom activities.
Field Training: The hands-on training module is designed to give the participant the opportunity to apply the knowledge obtained during the workshop as well as a few real world tips on identifying and troubleshooting problem locates.
Course designed to address the following competencies:
- demonstrate skills needed to perform accurate line locates.
- demonstrate the ability to identify potential hazards onsite.
- demonstrate the ability to perform a visual walk through inspection of the job site.
- demonstrate knowledge science behind how utility locating equipment works.
- demonstrate ability to select proper technologies and application methods to create and locate signal fields.
- demonstrate the skills to select the appropriate frequency, access point and locate method needed to safely and accurately locate and mark underground facilities.
- Demonstrate the visual observation skills to identify site hazards and connection points.
- Demonstrate knowledge of state one call requirements and expectations upon receiving a dig notification